Today, only 230 out of more than 500′000 Swiss companies are publicly traded on the stock market. Aktionariat has the technical, legal, and economic ideas to change this and to create liquid markets for thousands of additional Swiss companies, potentially unlocking billions in dormant economic value.
More liquidity in Private Equity:
About Aktionariat AG
To enable investors to invest in a new asset class known as private equity without having to spend money on unnecessary intermediaries.
Just think: these days, it takes a lot to buy and trade a share in a private company:
- Find a company that is looking for investors
- Negotiate a price and the terms of investment
- Transfer money to a blocked account
- Have it notarized
Then receive your shares in the form of an extract from the BoD resolution and be registered in the share register. Duration 1-6 months. If you want to sell these shares again there are hardly any possibilities.
With our solution, an investment in an unlisted company takes a maximum of a few minutes. The shares are delivered immediately in the form of cryptographic tokens. A so-called smart contract ensures that both parties receive their goods in the desired quantity.
In addition, the issuing company can provide a certain amount of liquidity (XCHF) so that the shares can be partially sold again. This can create a kind of secondary market. The whole thing works completely without intermediaries, i.e. shares and money (CHF, XCHF, ETH) flow directly between the company and investors and no one pays unnecessary fees.
This opens up a new asset class, especially for retail investors, the non-public companies. Moreover, thanks to the ease of transferability on the blockchain, these types of shares can suddenly be easily traded; they become more liquid and thus more valuable. We make that possible!
Investors can use our hot wallet in the form of an app for free to make investments and manage their shares and other assets without the need of a bank.
Our revenues are mainly generated through a SaaS/Success Fee Model charged to the companies using our tools. There are no transaction fees for either the buyer or the seller, besides the blockchain network costs.
Tokenization proponent, investor and board member in various startups.
Founder, tech entrepreneur experienced in building startups, strong development skills.
Business innovator & entrepreneur with a “let’s make it possible” mentality.
We believe in open and free technology. That’s why the source code of all our smart contracts is freely available and why we build on the open infrastructure of the public Ethereum blockchain. We want the shares of our client companies to be freely interactable and not be locked into a proprietary system. Also, we are committed to staying a pure technology provider and to let potential partners supply our clients with auxiliary financial and legal services.
Our solution allows any investor to purchase shares of private companies within less than a minute. All that is needed is an Ethereum wallet, which we also offer. Thanks to our open system architecture, our investment process is best in class. Moreover, our solution does not require any financial intermediaries such as banks and allows a direct, unmanipulable transaction between investor and company. Whether self-custody of the shares in an own wallet or at a bank, we make both possible.
Our market solution is unique in the private equity space and has already increased the liquidity of securities traded in this way in many cases today. However, we still see potential for improvement and are therefore working on an expansion of this solution. At the same time, we are building bridges between the old and new worlds of finance with representatives of Traditional Finance. By the end of 2023, to our knowledge, we were the global leader in tokenizing real shares on a public blockchain.
Increasing the degree of automation and adding valuable features are planned for 2023. That's why a substantial amount is invested in product development which is done by our employees.
Our solution enables the mapping of real-world assets onto a blockchain. According to various studies, the market potential for this use case is enormous.
Since blockchain technology is still comparatively young, but the potential in the area of real assets is significant, we expect strong market growth within the next 5-10 years.
We are committed to always provide a certain level of liquidity to buy back shares from investors. Therefore the DAKS can be regarded as reasonably liquid.
BCG and ADDX estimate the global market for tokenized illiquid assets to be $16 tn opportunity globally by 2030 (Relevance of on-chainasset tokenization in‘crypto winter’, BCGxADDX, 2022, p.7).
BCG and ADDX estimate the global market for tokenized unlisted equity to be $700 b opportunity globally by 2030 (Relevance of on-chainasset tokenization in‘crypto winter’, BCGxADDX, 2022, p.7).
According to a study conducted by WEF 10% of global gross domestic product (GDP) will be stored on blockchain technology by 2027 (Deep ShiftTechnology Tipping Points and Societal Impact, 2015, p.24).
According to the CB Insights 2022 State of Venture Report venture funding slides 35% YoY to $415.1B in 2022 (CB Insights 2022 State of Venture Report, 2023, p.12).
According to the CB Insights 2022 State of Venture Report EU venture funding slides 17% YoY to $81B in 2022 (CB Insights 2022 State of Venture Report, 2023, p.200).
startupticker.ch reports a total of CHF 3'969 Mio has been invested in Swiss start-ups in 2022.(startupticker.ch, VC Report 2023).
- Serial entrepreneur and investor
- Founding Partner Maximon – the Longevity Company Builder
- Co-Founder Crypto Finance Group (exited to Deutsche Börse Group in 2021)
- Founder Crypto Finance Conference (CFC) St. Moritz
- Founder SUSI Partners AG (EUR 1.8bn Clean Energy Infrastructure Manager)
- Co-Founder The Singularity Group (UCITS Fund investing in innovation leaders)
- “Lion” at “Höhle der Löwen Schweiz» (aka Shark-Tank)
- Invested in more than 20 start-ups
- Serial entrepreneur and investor
- Board Member of Crypto Finance AG (exited to Deutsche Börse Group in 2021)
- Vice Chairman of Crypto Finance (Brokerage) AG
- Co-founded of usgang.ch & sold to Axel Springer Media
- Co-founded amiando & sold to Xing
- Board Member of CfC St. Moritz
- Board Member of Swiss Blockchain Federation
- Chairman of Longevity Investors
- Was named ‘’Global Technology Pioneer’’ by World Economic Forum
- Founder and Director of the MoneyMuseum Zurich. Focus on history of money and research
- Career at Citibank New York and Tokyo in private banking,
- Responsible for investment strategy at Dow Banking, Bank Cantrade Zurich
- Formerly founder of a group of offshore investment funds
- Co-Founder of medignition AG, a digital health-care company
- Board of Directors and Investor Centi AG, specialized in micropayments
- Serial Entrepreneur and Investor in Europe, Asia, USA
- Founder & GP Tomahawk.VC and Tenderloin Ventures (Early Stage Investment Funds)
- Chairman of the Board at Liquity AG
- Founder or early Employee at Sumup, Sendtask, Mediasign, ASmallWorld
- Founding Board Member at Dfinity Foundation (Internet Computer)
- Early Investor in 25+ companies across Fintech, Social, Crypto and SaaS
- Crypto Investor since 2013
Registration can also be done through the Brokerbot while buying and in the Aktionariat Mobile Wallet.
Until you complete the registration process, you will only be a token holder and not a recognized shareholder of the company.